Royals vs. Yankees Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 30
The New York Yankees (81-79) and Kansas City Royals (55-105) clash on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET.
The Yankees will give the nod to Clarke Schmidt (9-9, 4.65 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 10 on the season, and the Royals will turn to Steven Cruz.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Yankees Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Schmidt - NYY (9-9, 4.65 ERA) vs Cruz - KC (0-0, 5.40 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|Yankees vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Yankees vs Royals Player Props|
|How to Watch Yankees vs Royals|
|Yankees vs Royals Odds|
|Yankees vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Steven Cruz
- Cruz gets the start for the Royals, his fourth of the season. He is 0-0 with a 5.40 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 11 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was in relief on Thursday when the right-hander threw two innings against the Detroit Tigers, surrendering two earned runs without allowing a hit.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 5.40, with 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season. Opposing hitters have a .217 batting average against him.
- He has had six appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Clarke Schmidt
- The Yankees will send Schmidt (9-9) to the mound for his 32nd start this season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in four innings pitched on Monday in his last outing, a matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 32 games this season with an ERA of 4.65, a 3.17 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.335.
- He has five quality starts in 31 chances this season.
- Schmidt has started 31 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 21 times. He averages 4.8 innings per appearance.
- In 32 appearances this season, he has finished five without allowing an earned run.
Clarke Schmidt vs. Royals
- The Royals rank 20th in MLB with a .243 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 22nd in the league (.396) and 159 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Royals one time this season, allowing them to go 5-for-22 with three doubles, a home run and three RBI in 5 2/3 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.