Royals vs. Tigers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 26
The Detroit Tigers (73-83) and Kansas City Royals (54-102) clash in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Comerica Park, at 6:40 PM ET. The Tigers are coming off a series split with the Athletics, and the Royals a series win over the Astros.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Tigers will send Reese Olson (5-7) to the mound, while Zack Greinke (1-15) will answer the bell for the Royals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Tigers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSDET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Venue: Comerica Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Olson - DET (5-7, 4.13 ERA) vs Greinke - KC (1-15, 5.10 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|Tigers vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Tigers vs Royals Prediction|
|How to Watch Tigers vs Royals|
|Tigers vs Royals Odds|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Greinke
- The Royals will send Greinke (1-15) out to make his 26th start of the season. He is 1-15 with a 5.10 ERA and 90 strikeouts in 132 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed 3 2/3 innings against the Cleveland Guardians, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In 28 games this season, the 39-year-old has amassed an ERA of 5.10, with 6.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .287 against him.
- Greinke is trying to secure his third quality start of the year.
- Greinke is looking to collect his 18th start of five or more innings this year in this outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in four of his 28 outings this season.
Zack Greinke vs. Tigers
- He will face off against a Tigers team that is batting .234 as a unit (28th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .376 (29th in the league) with 156 total home runs (26th in MLB action).
- Greinke has a 3 ERA and a 1.222 WHIP against the Tigers this season in nine innings pitched, allowing a .235 batting average over two appearances.
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Reese Olson
- The Tigers' Olson (5-7) will make his 18th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed two hits in six innings pitched against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Thursday.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 4.13, a 3.1 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.112 in 20 games this season.
- He's going for his fifth straight quality start.
- Olson has pitched five or more innings in four straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- In 20 appearances this season, he has finished three without allowing an earned run.
Reese Olson vs. Royals
- The Royals rank 20th in MLB with a .243 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 22nd in the league (.397) and 156 home runs.
- The Royals have gone 6-for-23 with a double, two home runs and three RBI in six innings this season against the right-hander.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.