Royals vs. Astros Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 23
The Kansas City Royals (52-102) aim to continue their four-game winning streak when they meet the Houston Astros (85-69) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET, at Minute Maid Park.
The probable starters are J.P. France (11-5) for the Astros and Jordan Lyles (4-17) for the Royals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Astros Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: France - HOU (11-5, 3.84 ERA) vs Lyles - KC (4-17, 6.26 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Lyles
- Lyles makes the start for the Royals, his 30th of the season. He is 4-17 with a 6.26 ERA and 113 strikeouts in 166 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Houston Astros, when he went six innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 32-year-old has amassed a 6.26 ERA and 6.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 29 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .260 to his opponents.
- Lyles is trying to secure his sixth quality start of the year.
- Lyles is seeking his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.7 innings per start.
- He has had one appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
Jordan Lyles vs. Astros
- He will face off against an Astros offense that ranks fourth in the league with 1373 total hits (on a .259 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .438 (sixth in the league) with 213 total home runs (seventh in MLB play).
- Lyles has pitched six innings, giving up four earned runs on six hits while striking out six against the Astros this season.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: J.P. France
- The Astros will hand the ball to France (11-5) for his 23rd start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs in 4 1/3 innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 23 games this season with a 3.84 ERA and 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .259.
- In 22 starts this season, he's earned 13 quality starts.
- France has 18 starts of five or more innings this season in 22 chances. He averages 5.7 innings per outing.
- He has finished four appearances without allowing an earned run in 23 chances this season.
J.P. France vs. Royals
- The Royals rank 20th in MLB with a .243 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 22nd in the league (.396) and 152 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Royals to go 5-for-17 with a double and five RBI in 4 1/3 innings this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.