Royals vs. Astros Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - September 23
Saturday's contest that pits the Houston Astros (85-69) versus the Kansas City Royals (52-102) at Minute Maid Park has a projected final score of 5-4 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of the Astros, who is slightly favored in this matchup according to our model. First pitch is at 7:10 PM on September 23.
The Astros will give the nod to J.P. France (11-5, 3.84 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 12 on the season, and the Royals will counter with Jordan Lyles (4-17, 6.26 ERA).
Royals vs. Astros Game Info & Odds
- When: Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Astros Score Prediction
Our prediction for this game is Astros 5, Royals 4.
Total Prediction for Royals vs. Astros
- Total Prediction: Under 9.5 runs
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
|PointsBet||Click Here||2x Second Chance Bets Up To $2,000|
Read More About This Game
Royals Performance Insights
- The Royals have played as the underdog in 10 of their past 10 games and have gone 7-3 in those contests.
- In its last 10 games with an over/under, Kansas City and its opponents have combined to eclipse the total four times.
- The Royals have come up short of covering the spread in the one of their past 10 games that had a set spread.
- The Royals have been underdogs in 132 games this season and have come away with the win 44 times (33.3%) in those contests.
- Kansas City has a win-loss record of 2-3 when favored by +225 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Royals have a 30.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Kansas City scores the 25th-most runs in baseball (642 total, 4.2 per game).
- The Royals have the 28th-ranked ERA (5.15) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 17||Astros||L 7-1||Jordan Lyles vs Framber Valdez|
|September 18||Guardians||W 6-4||Brady Singer vs Cal Quantrill|
|September 19||Guardians||W 7-6||Steven Cruz vs Logan Allen|
|September 20||Guardians||W 6-2||Zack Greinke vs Lucas Giolito|
|September 22||@ Astros||W 7-5||Cole Ragans vs Framber Valdez|
|September 23||@ Astros||-||Jordan Lyles vs J.P. France|
|September 24||@ Astros||-||Brady Singer vs Hunter Brown|
|September 26||@ Tigers||-||TBA vs Reese Olson|
|September 27||@ Tigers||-||Zack Greinke vs Tarik Skubal|
|September 28||@ Tigers||-||Cole Ragans vs Sawyer Gipson-Long|
|September 29||Yankees||-||Jordan Lyles vs Carlos Rodón|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.