Royals vs. White Sox Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 13
The Chicago White Sox (56-89) and Kansas City Royals (45-101) square off on Wednesday at 7:40 PM ET at Guaranteed Rate Field, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The White Sox will give the nod to Mike Clevinger (7-7, 3.64 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 8 on the season, and the Royals will counter with Steven Cruz.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. White Sox Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Guaranteed Rate Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Clevinger - CHW (7-7, 3.64 ERA) vs Cruz - KC (0-0, 7.20 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|White Sox vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|White Sox vs Royals Player Props|
|White Sox vs Royals Prediction|
|How to Watch White Sox vs Royals|
|White Sox vs Royals Odds|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Steven Cruz
- Cruz will make his first start of the season for the Royals.
- The righty is pitching in his MLB debut at 24 years old.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of just .200 against him this season. He has a 7.20 ERA and 9 strikeouts per nine innings over his five appearances.
Steven Cruz vs. White Sox
- The White Sox rank 25th in runs scored in the league (600) this season and are batting .240 while hitting 157 home runs (20th in the league).
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Mike Clevinger
- The White Sox will send Clevinger (7-7) to the mound for his 21st start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, when he allowed three hits in seven scoreless innings against the Detroit Tigers.
- The 32-year-old has pitched to a 3.64 ERA this season with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.1 walks per nine across 20 games.
- He has started 20 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in seven of them.
- Clevinger has started 20 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 17 times. He averages 5.4 innings per appearance.
- He has made 20 appearances and finished seven of them without allowing an earned run.
Mike Clevinger vs. Royals
- The Royals rank 26th in MLB with 594 runs scored this season. They have a .242 batting average this campaign with 144 home runs (25th in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Royals one time this season, allowing them to go 3-for-21 with a double, a home run and three RBI in six innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.