Royals vs. White Sox Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 20
The Chicago White Sox (17-29) take the field against the Kansas City Royals (14-32) on Saturday at Guaranteed Rate Field, at 2:10 PM ET.
The White Sox will give the nod to Lucas Giolito (2-3, 3.86 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 3 on the season, and the Royals will counter with Jordan Lyles (0-7, 6.97 ERA).
Royals vs. White Sox Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Guaranteed Rate Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Giolito - CHW (2-3, 3.86 ERA) vs Lyles - KC (0-7, 6.97 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|White Sox vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|White Sox vs Royals Player Props|
|How to Watch White Sox vs Royals|
|White Sox vs Royals Odds|
|White Sox vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Lyles
- Lyles gets the start for the Royals, his 10th of the season. He is 0-7 with a 6.97 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 51 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Sunday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when he threw 2 1/3 innings, allowing seven earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 6.97, with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season. Opponents are batting .250 against him.
- Lyles has one quality start under his belt this year.
- Lyles heads into the game with seven outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
Jordan Lyles vs. White Sox
- He will face a White Sox offense that ranks 13th in the league with 384 total hits (on a .243 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .394 (18th in the league) with 50 total home runs (16th in MLB play).
- Lyles has pitched nine innings, giving up four earned runs on six hits while striking out six against the White Sox this season.
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Lucas Giolito
- The White Sox will send Giolito (2-3) to the mound for his 10th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed seven hits in six innings pitched against the Houston Astros on Sunday.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with a 3.86 ERA and 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .237.
- He has started nine games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in five of them.
- Giolito has seven starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The 28-year-old ranks 40th in ERA (3.86), 27th in WHIP (1.118), and 27th in K/9 (9.4) among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Lucas Giolito vs. Royals
- The Royals have scored 182 runs this season, which ranks 24th in MLB. They are batting .230 for the campaign with 44 home runs, 22nd in the league.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Royals in one game, and they have gone 5-for-23 with a triple, a home run and two RBI over six innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.