A Walt Disney World employee who took a call from a woman in Pennsylvania inquiring about booking tickets to the Florida resort on January 9 alerted police in central Pennsylvania that the woman may be dealing with a domestic violence situation at her home, police said.
Search / 61 results found Showing: 1-10 of 61
Christina Ricci is taking additional legal action against her estranged husband, James Heerdegen.ET has learned that the actress has been granted a domestic violence restraining order against Heerdegen. The news comes six months after Ricci filed for divorce from the film producer after nearly seven years of marriage.The restraining order rules that Heerdegen must stay 100 yards away from Ricci, cannot have visitation rights with their 6-year-old son, Freddie, and must stay away from the family dog.According to Ricci's restraining order request, the actress claimed in court docs that the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has been a dangerous time in her household, as Heerdegen allegedly physically abused her multiple times. The docs state that Ricci told Heerdegen she wanted a divorce early last year, but "found herself trapped in a house with a violent abuser" when the country shut down due to COVID-19.Ricci's lawyer, Samantha Spector, did not respond to a request for comment. ET has also reached out to Heerdegen's attorney for comment.Last July, ET reported that Ricci cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split in her divorce filing. The actress was reportedly granted an emergency protective order by cops at the time after claiming an altercation took place and that Heerdegen allegedly spit on her.Hear more on Ricci in the video below.RELATED CONTENT:Christina Ricci Files for Divorce From Husband of Almost 7 YearsDevon Sawa Thanks Christina Ricci for Helping Him Land 'Casper' Role on Film's 25th AnniversaryChristina Ricci Opens Up About Life at Home and Motherhood: 'Marriage Shows You Your Flaws'‘Addams Family Values’: Christina Ricci Gives On-Set Tour as Wednesday Addams! (Flashback)This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.Embed CodeRestart
Click here for updates on this story
A man was shot and killed while trying to prevent a neighbor's domestic violence situation on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24.
Alma Har'el is speaking out following FKA twigs' claims of "relentless abuse" against Shia LaBeouf. Har'el directed the 2019 film Honey Boy, which starred both FKA and LaBeouf, who also wrote the film based on his contentious relationship with his father.During the making of the movie was when FKA met LaBeouf and began a year-long relationship with him. LaBeouf told The New York Times in an email that "many of these allegations are not true.""I have a deep respect for FKA Twigs' courage and resilience. Reading what she endured left me heartbroken and I stand with her in solidarity," Har'el said in a statement to Variety. "I’m sending my love to her, Karolyn Pho, all victims of domestic violence, and everyone who is trying to stop cycles of abuse."Har'el continued her statement by noting that she's "drawn to stories that help us develop empathy for the messy parts of the human condition.""Like many of Shia’s collaborators and fans who battled substance abuse, suffered childhood trauma, and face mental illness, I am painfully aware of my past investment in his recovery," she said. "I want to send a clear message today that none of the above should excuse, minimize, or rationalize domestic violence." "I’m grateful that survivors of childhood trauma have seen some aspects of themselves in Honey Boy and might feel less alone in their pain," Har'el continued. "I hope that they don’t take these events as a discouraging moment in their own recovery."Har'el ended her statement by sharing that she's donating to FreeFrom, the National Domestic Violence Hotline, and Sistah Space in FKA and Pho's names."I support and encourage victims in similar situations to speak up and seek help so they can create a path to safety and the healthy relationship they deserve," she said.Har'el's statement comes the same month ET confirmed that FKA filed a lawsuit against her ex-boyfriend accusing him of "relentless abuse," including sexual battery, assault and infliction of emotional distress. Karolyn Pho, a stylist who previously dated LaBeouf, also accused her of abusive behavior in the lawsuit, according to The New York Times."I'd like to be able to raise awareness on the tactics that abusers use to control you and take away your agency," FKA told the outlet of why she filed the lawsuit.In an email statement to the outlet, LaBeouf wrote that he's "not in any position to tell anyone how my behavior made them feel.""I have no excuses for my alcoholism or aggression, only rationalizations. I have been abusive to myself and everyone around me for years," he wrote. "I have a history of hurting the people closest to me. I'm ashamed of that history and am sorry to those I hurt. There is nothing else I can really say.""I am not cured of my PTSD and alcoholism," he continued, noting he's in therapy and a sober member of a 12-step program. "But I am committed to doing what I need to do to recover, and I will forever be sorry to the people that I may have harmed along the way."The singer told The Times that she plans to donate a big part of any monetary damages she receives from the lawsuit to domestic violence charities."What I went through with Shia was the worst thing I've ever been through in the whole of my life," she said. "I don't think people would ever think that it would happen to me. But I think that's the thing. It can happen to anybody."RELATED CONTENT:FKA Twigs vs. Shia LaBeouf: New Developments in Singer's Legal BattleThis video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.Embed CodeRestartFKA Twigs Responds to Sia's Claims About Shia LaBeoufFKA twigs Sues Shia LaBeouf, Accuses Him of 'Relentless' AbuseShia LaBeouf Pleads Not Guilty to Charges of Petty Theft and Battery
Angelina Jolie is reaching out to victims of domestic violence. During an interview with Harper's Bazaar UK in support of the UN's 16 Days of Activism campaign, the 45-year-old actress offers advice to women who are fearful they may suffer abuse this holiday season, which comes amid renewed quarantining due to the COVID-19 pandemic."Talk to someone. Try to find allies. Be connected for emergencies," Jolie suggests. "For example, you can agree [to] a code word with a friend or family member, which tells them if you are facing an emergency. Begin to build a network and gain knowledge." "It’s sad to say, but you can’t assume all friends and family will always want to believe and support you. Often it will be strangers who help. Or other victims, support groups, or faith groups," she continues. "Above all, be careful. Only you really know the danger you are in, and until you find your support outside, you may feel quite alone."Jolie also shares words of wisdom for people that suspect a friend or family member may be suffering abuse."If it has even crossed your mind that someone you know might be vulnerable in this way, try to stay close and present in their lives. Make it clear that you are there for them," she says. "Another thing we can all do is educate ourselves. Learn about domestic violence. Learn how trauma affects our health and can lead to biological changes, particularly in children. Take these issues seriously."Jolie notes that taking all claims of abuse seriously, by listening without judgment, is another important component."Try to understand the huge emotional, financial and legal pressures they are likely facing, including the pressure to stay silent about what has happened to them," she says. "And be aware that they may well be suffering trauma and PTSD."Jolie says her advocacy for women is so strong because she "can’t stand to see the immense and enduring suffering so many women face, and how little accountability there is.""I see the same patterns repeated globally. Women are vulnerable because societies are unequal. Women and children suffer disproportionately as a result of war or economic crisis. They make up two thirds of all refugees and displaced people, and they are hardest hit by the effects of climate change," she explains. "We don’t take domestic or gender-based violence seriously enough anywhere, and we often overlook the trauma and injury suffered by children who witness or experience violence, in their own homes."Watch the video below for more on Jolie.RELATED CONTENT:Angelina Jolie Says She Feels ‘Very Fortunate’ to Have Her Kids Home During the Pandemic (Exclusive)This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.Embed CodeRestartAngelina Jolie Is Denied Request to Remove Judge in Divorce CaseBrad Pitt Wants 'His Time With the Children' Amid Custody BattleBrad Pitt's Rumored Girlfriend Reacts to Comment About Angelina Jolie
Click here for updates on this story
Wisconsin has dropped a sexual assault charge against Jacob Blake -- the 29-year-old who was paralyzed after being shot multiple times by a Kenosha police officer back in August.
Colton Underwood has wiped his Instagram feed. Just days after the 28-year-old former Bachelor said that Cassie Randolph asked the court to dismiss her restraining order against him, Underwood has erased every post from his feed, including those with his ex.The pair announced their split in May after a year and a half of dating. A few months later, Randolph requested a temporary domestic violence prevention restraining order against her ex, which was granted days later.At the time, a source told ET that, following their split, Randolph began receiving strange texts from an unknown number and allegedly found a "tracking device" on her car. The source told ET that Randolph confronted Underwood and he admitted to "everything." The next month, the restraining order was extended through Nov. 6, though Underwood said he and Randolph reached an agreement prior to that deadline."Today Cassie asked the court to dismiss the temporary restraining order against me," Underwood told ET. "The two of us were able to reach a private agreement to address any of Cassie's concerns.""I do not believe Cassie did anything wrong in filing for the restraining orders and also believe she acted in good faith," he added. "I appreciate everyone's respect for privacy regarding this matter."Randolph's reps had no comment following Underwood's statement.Meanwhile Clare Crawley's season of The Bachelorette is in full swing. The leading lady was spotted with a massive engagement ring ahead of Thursday's sure-to-be-dramatic episode.RELATED CONTENT:Cassie Randolph Granted Temporary Restraining Against Colton Underwood: See the Court DocumentsThis video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.Embed CodeRestartCassie Randolph Drops Restraining Order Against Colton UnderwoodNancy Grace on Colton Underwood and Britney Spears' Legal CasesCassie Randolph's Restraining Order Against Colton Underwood Extended
Tamar Braxton is speaking out after an abuse claim was leveled against her. In a preview clip from Wednesday's episode of Tamron Hall, the 43-year-old TV personality denies her ex, David Adefeso's, claim that she attacked him."I am a survivor of a domestic violence relationship, and not at any point was David and I in an abusive relationship," she states.Adefeso filed for a domestic violence restraining order against Braxton in September. Days later, during an Instagram Live, he claimed Tamar assaulted him when he was "driving at high speed" with an unexpected "blow to [his] neck.""I will never, ever bring myself to attack Tamar, somebody I've spent so long with… [but] I'll speak the truth," he said. "I've been a victim of domestic violence, of domestic assault. I was attacked."He went on to claim that "after the blow [to his neck], I was being secretly recorded." Braxton denies this on Tamron Hall, claiming that she voice recorded the alleged altercation, while Adefeso was the one to film it."I voice recorded it. He video taped it. He has a camera in his car," she claims, before alleging that neither the video nor the voice recording show abuse."He has the video tape. He has it. It was in his car," she claims. "Release it!"Adefeso has further claimed that the alleged incident led him to crash his Rolls-Royce and cause $30,000 in damages. He added that the alleged altercation was his basis for requesting a restraining order."I loved David. He was my best friend. He was an amazing, amazing partner. He was my son's best friend as well, they were best friends," Braxton says of her 7-year-old son, Logan. "It's just so hard, because through everything else I never expected this from him."Braxton goes on to speculate that Adefeso made his claim because he found her unresponsive in July. She previously credited Adefeso with saving her life."Now, I have to be real with myself. Is he acting like this because he found me the way that he found me? Probably," she says. "I don’t know."ET has reached out to Adefeso regarding Braxton's recent interview.RELATED CONTENT:Tamar Braxton's Ex David Adefeso Opens Up About Domestic Violence Restraining Order and Break-UpThis video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.Embed CodeRestartTamar Braxton Slams 'Braxton Family Values' TrailerTamar Braxton Says She's Ready to 'Pour Some Pain' Into Her MusicTamar Braxton Says She Won't Take Second Chance for Granted