Jobs at Jackson County
Jackson County is a wonderful place to work!
The employees of Jackson County fill a vast array of positions, but they are all part of one team sharing a common goal - serving the County’s citizens.
Get started on the path to a career with Jackson County right here!
Now Hiring Corrections Officers
** The Detention Center is a 24/7 facility and vacancies to be filled may be in any of three different shifts
- Responsible for providing security for inmates housed at the Jackson County Detention Center and following written procedures and guidelines in the department’s policy and procedure manual.
- Associate may be assigned to different posts, areas and shifts depending upon the needs of the operation
- Receives and processes new inmates; checks for proper commitment papers, conducts searches for contraband, physically assesses inmate for injuries or other health concerns, inventories personal property, escorts inmate through all intake functions and areas
- If overtime is required, the associate is subject to being held over/drafted and/or called in to report for work when staffing shortages, department emergencies and other assignments require.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- One year of experience working in the Criminal Justice System.
- Complete and pass the Jail Academy Exam.
- Pass and maintain firearms qualification.
- Certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED.
- Must possess/maintain an active telephone.
- Must possess/maintain valid Missouri or Kansas Driver’s License.
- Must submit to and pass a police background check, drug screen, motor vehicle record check and physical examination. BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
View all job openings and apply at jacksongov.org/Jobs.