Raytown man dies after being electrocuted

RAYTOWN, MO (KCTV) – A man has died from being electrocuted after using a machine to burn wood.

Tuesday at 5:15 p.m., officers were dispatched to the 10800 block of East 70th Terrace for a man that was in cardiac arrest.

When police arrived, they found a male performing chest compressions on 32-year-old Aaron Hall from Richmond, Missouri. Officers continued the chest compressions until EMS arrived on the scene.

Authorities later learned that Hall was using a machine to burn wood which apparently had electricity in it and he was then electrocuted.

When the male found Hall, he was unresponsive, and the male called for help and began the compressions. Hall was then later transported to an area hospital where he later died.

Click here if you would like to help the family with funeral expenses.

KCTV5.com is now with you on the go! Get the latest news updates and video, StormTrack5 weather forecast, weather radar, special investigative reports, sports headlines and much more from KCTV5 News. 

>> Click/tap here to download our free mobile app. <<


Copyright 2019 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.