We are seeking a full-time Warehouse Lead for our supply center in Kansas City, MO. This hands-on role requires that the Warehouse Lead participate in product handling and delivery and assist walk-in customers as needed. This individual is responsible for all activities and transactions emanating from the warehouse to ensure that customers are cared for professionally. Also responsible for the warehouse, distribution, and facilities management of the branch to which they are assigned.
- The Warehouse Lead is responsible to the Head Office for carrying out Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that excellent customer service is rendered to each client the warehouse personnel comes into contact with.
- Collaborate with the Customer Service Team Lead daily to discuss and plan the day’s activities.
- Manage the logistics of timely deliveries, route schedules, and schedule LTL deliveries with the driver before the day’s run.
- Ascertain that incoming and outgoing trucks are handled according to the pre-established schedules and adjust accordingly.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are maintained to assure clients are not delayed when picking up their orders.
- Ensure that the pick slips are accurately completed and verified before shipment and that no damaged product is released to a customer. Also, note any discrepancies to the Customer Service Team Lead.
- Ensure inbound materials are stocked properly and that the paperwork is properly completed and submitted to the office for processing.
- Health, safety, and warehouse orderliness are essential at all times and providing proper training whenever necessary.
- Fleet and equipment maintenance must be reviewed daily, and the Team Lead is to work directly with the Purchasing department at Head Office for any needs.
- Weekly inventory cycle counts are mandatory and the reporting of any damaged goods or discrepancies to the Inventory Department. Must lead the team with the annual inventory count when scheduled.
- Repairs to the building or yard maintenance in collaboration with Head Office.
- Responsible for ensuring trailers are scheduled regularly from the plants. Working with the Customer Service Team Lead, reviewing the open order report add-ons, etc., any changes should be passed on to the Operations Department.
- Basic Oracle knowledge is required, such as Open Order Reports, looking up orders, and pick releasing an order is a job requirement.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- 3 + years of warehouse experience
- Experience in the building materials industry is a bonus
- Forklift experience is required
- Computer proficient - Microsoft Office a plus
- Team orientated
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lift/push/pull materials (up to 100 Lbs.)
- CDL is a bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, personal/sick time
- Paid holidays
Here at Kaycan, our employees are at the forefront of everything we do. We are the leading North American manufacturer and distributor of exterior building products and strive to be the best in class in customer experience.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please apply at https://kaycan.breezy.hr/p/a462bbba3da2-warehouse-lead