Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Ben E. Keith Company. For more than a century, Ben E. Keith has been a leader in fine food and premium beverage distribution, and we strive to provide excellent customer service to all our partners.
Our food division is a complete broad line distributor servicing fifteen states, and our beverage division serves more than 62 Texas counties and is a proud distributor of Anheuser-Busch InBev products, craft and import beer brands, and fine wine.
We are dedicated to the growth and success of our customers, our industry, our partners, and our employees—continuing our commitment to delivering quality since 1906.
We are now hiring for:
Route Service Associate (RSA)- DOT (CDL-A Driver)
Key Purpose Statement – Position Outputs
The purpose of the RSA – DOT is to guarantee customer satisfaction with the timely and accurate delivery of BEK products to customer locations.
- Perform product deliveries along assigned routes, and other related duties to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Follow BEK transportation policies and procedures to ensure compliance with safety guidelines.
- Complete administrative tasks and related paperwork to guarantee the efficiency of transportation operations.
Outputs (Goals) and Accountabilities
The key outputs for the RSA -DOT are listed below.
- Knowledge and Experience – The following are education and experience requirements for the RSA - DOT
Roles, Skills and Attributes Required
Listed below are skills and attributes that will promote successful job performance as a RSA - DOT.
Shuttle Driver DOT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Represent Ben E. Keith Co. with professionalism, maintaining a positive attitude and following dress code
- Perform duties by following the Company’s safety standards and wearing the proper safety equipment
- Delivery of equipment and product along assigned routes consisting of multiple combinations of vehicles with various levels of difficulty
- Unload all returned products and place them in appropriate areas assigned by management
- Responsible for transporting route bags and route documentation to the Oklahoma City office; including the security and verification of all
- Daily communication to transportation department regarding specific equipment that is being returned
- Maintain timely delivery of equipment to each location
- Responsible for restacking of pallets that fall during transitions
- Responsible for interior and exterior washing and cleaning of trailers
- Immediately communicate problems with Supervisor by phone
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles
- Maintain records such vehicle logs, records of cargo or billing statements in accordance with regulations
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions
- Report delays, accidents or other traffic and transportation situations to bases
- May be required to run delivery routes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Commitment to Ben E. Keith company principles and standards
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services
- Ability to speak to convey information effectively
- Ability to relate to all types of people and levels in and outside the organization, employing social perceptiveness, active listening skills and adjusting actions and style of communication when appropriate to ensure effectiveness
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, assignments and tasks, monitoring use of time and appropriately using equipment, facilities and materials and to provide timely and quality responses
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one year or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Class A drivers license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to ninety (90) pounds, and frequently push or pull three-hundred (300) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must have the ability to work in changing temperature zones.
To apply, visit https://www.benekeith.com/careers