The NFL is back, and KCTV 5 and KSMO-TV don’t want you to miss a game. The full preseason schedule kicks off on Thursday, August 8. Unfortunately, DISH Network has not reached an agreement to carry KCTV 5 and KSMO-TV on DISH systems and by law, DISH cannot carry our programming, including Chiefs games, unless it comes to an agreement with the station.
However, you do have options. KCTV 5 and KSMO-TV’s vital local news, emergency information and top-rated entertainment and sports programming, such as Chiefs games, are available on every other satellite and cable provider in your area including:
- Cox – Click here to order or call 1-800-818-0679
- AT&T/DirecTV – Click here to order or call 1-855-567-1569
- Spectrum – Click here to order or call 1-855-243-8892
- Comcast/Xfinity – Click here to order or call 1-888-831-3337
Additionally, KCTV 5 and KSMO-TV are available free over the air with an antenna.
KCTV 5 and KSMO-TV have been trying for months to get DISH to negotiate in good faith. DISH dropping KCTV 5 and KSMO-TV is unusual. We have successfully reached fair agreements with every other major cable and satellite company. Meredith has never had a cable or satellite provider drop all of Meredith’s stations.
However, according to Kagan, a media research group, DISH has ongoing programming disruptions with five media entities:
- FOX Sports Regional Networks, off since July 26, 2019
- Meredith Local Media Group, which owns KCTV 5 and KSMO-TV, off since July 16, 2019
- Fort Myers Broadcasting, off since January 2019
- HBO, off since November 2018
- Louisiana Television Broadcasting, off since September 2018
We encourage DISH subscribers to reach out to DISH at:1-800-333-3474 and tell DISH you want KCTV 5 and KSMO-TV back on your lineup.