Recipe from David Galbreath of Frankston, Texas
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 25 min
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Corn Meal ( Yellow or White)
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Sugar ( Optional )
2 Tablespoons Crisco Veg. Shortening
1 Cup Milk or Water ( Either works )
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingrerdients together in a bowl using a fork. Cut Shortening into mixture until blended.
3. Add milk and 2 eggs and mix thourghly until smooth.
4. Coat a 9 inch iron skillet with Crisco on the Bottom and sides.
5. Pour mix into Skillet and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 8 to 10 slices Buttered Hot
Comments: Sugar for the Kids, they love it. Good with Pintos, Chili, Beef Stew, or Soup
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.