Dog woke up couple asleep inside burning Olathe home - KCTV5 News

Dog woke up couple asleep inside burning Olathe home

Posted: Updated:
OLATHE, KS (KCTV) -

Investigators are looking into what started a fire that left an Olathe home heavily damaged.

The fire happened in the 21000 block of W. 105th Street.

The homeowners, a man and his wife, were in bed asleep when the fire started just after 3 a.m.

"Our dog luckily woke us up at about 3:20, saved us,” said Kevin York. “It started in the garage somewhere and engulfed into the house pretty quickly."

Everyone made it out of the house safely.

The homeowner said they've been receiving lots of help and support from neighbors and the fire department.

Copyright 2018 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.