Dog killed during early morning house fire in Shawnee - KCTV5

Dog killed during early morning house fire in Shawnee

Posted: Updated:
(KCTV) (KCTV)
(KCTV) (KCTV)
SHAWNEE, KS (KCTV) -

An early morning fire killed a dog and caused $175,000 worth of damage at a home in Shawnee overnight.

At 3 a.m., firefighters went to the 10500 block of W. 57th Terr. on a call about a fire.

When they arrived, flames could be seen coming from the house.

The two people inside were able to get out thanks to someone passing by who alerted them that the house was on fire.

Firefighters rescued a cat from the house, but one dog was killed in the fire.

Investigators determined that a woodburning stove in the garage started the fire.

Damages are estimated to have cost $175,000.

The Red Cross and an insurance company are helping the family.

There were no working smoke alarms found in the house.

Copyright 2017 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.