Sweet and Salty Churro Snack Mix
- 5 cups Oyster Crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spread the crackers evenly on the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine the butter and brown sugar. Stirring consistently bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in 1½ teaspoons of cinnamon and vanilla. Pour this immediately on top of the crackers. Use a rubber spatula, stir and coat the crackers evenly with the mixture.
- Bake the crackers for 10 minutes until it's bubbly all over.
- While the crackers are in the oven combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt. Set this aside.
- When the crackers are done remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle immediately with the salty cinnamon sugar mixture evenly.
- Let the crackers cool and then break into pieces.
- Serve immediately or store airtight for up to a week.
Copyright 2017 KCTV. All rights reserved.