Officials: Everyone safe after mobile home fire in KCMO - KCTV5

Officials: Everyone safe after mobile home fire in KCMO

Posted: Updated:
Everyone inside the home was able to get out and is safe. (KCTV5) Everyone inside the home was able to get out and is safe. (KCTV5)
Fire crews say the home was heavily involved by the flames. (KCTV5) Fire crews say the home was heavily involved by the flames. (KCTV5)
The homeowner, a man in his 40s, says the fire started when he tried to light a cigarette. (KCTV5) The homeowner, a man in his 40s, says the fire started when he tried to light a cigarette. (KCTV5)
KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

Fire officials in Kansas City say everyone is safe after fire ripped through a mobile home on Thursday morning.

The fire started about 6:08 a.m. at a mobile home in the 8900 block of NE 107th Street.

Fire crews say the home was heavily involved by the flames.

Everyone inside the home was able to get out and is safe.

The homeowner, a man in his 40s, says the fire started when he tried to light a cigarette. Fire investigators will investigate his claim.

No injuries were reported.

Fire officials say the flames destroyed the home.

This is a developing story. Refresh this page for updates.

Copyright 2017 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.