VAPOR RUB SHOWER BOMB
Courtesy of Arina Lanis, partytipz.com
3 tablespoons of VapoRub
1 cup of corn starch
Blue and green food coloring (optional)
3 tablespoons of water
1. In a bowl add in the three tablespoons of VapoRub. You can use any variety of VapoRub you wish.
2. Stir in the cup of corn starch. Mix well. You will notice that the VapoRub takes a little time to soften. Continue to stir until it becomes a thick paste.
3. Add in the two tablespoons of water. The goal is to make a paste that can easily be manipulated with your hands, since you will be creating balls out of it. Once you see that your mixture is thick enough to work with, it may be a good time to stop. If you pick it up and try to shape it and it falls apart, it needs a little water. If it can't hold a shape, it has too much water, so add more cornstarch.
4. When your mixture is the right consistency, add several drops of green and blue food coloring. Continue to stir. This step of course is optional.
5. Once the color is mixed in well, scoop the mixture into your hand. It will have a play dough feel to it. Knead it into a ball and set on a piece of wax paper.
6. Place in a freezer for 20-30 minutes and then put in a jar. If this is a gift, include direction on the gift tag to place directly on the drain of the bathtub while taking a shower. You don't want the ball to be floating in the bathtub water during the shower, since it can make the bathtub slick.
Placing it directly on the drain will make sure that it will melt directly in the drain.
Copyright 2016 KCTV. All rights reserved.