Chocolate Cauliflower Cake
Courtesy: The Kansas City Dietitian
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt (about 5oz)
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (or 2 cups cauliflower rice)
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cups sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 dish.
- In a small bowl put half of the sugar and cranberries and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, remaining sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add greek yogurt, milk, cauliflower, oil, eggs and vanilla. Pulse until smooth.
- Add cauliflower puree to flour mixture and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coated cranberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Copyright 2016 KCTV. All rights reserved.