The Call Me Later
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temp.
- 4 thick slices firm white bread (Or Pound Cake)
- 8 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4-1 1 ⁄2-ounce slices Butterkäse cheese
- 2-3 bananas, sliced or chunked
- 1 cup hot fudge or chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place bacon slices on baking sheet pan with sides and bake until lightly browned and starting to crisp, about 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar and maple syrup until smooth. Brush hot bacon slices with mixture, using a pastry brush. Return to oven for another 5-6 minutes, turning once and being careful not to burn the sugar. Remove to cooling rack and let cool.
- Heat griddle or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Butter 1 side of bread slices. Spread other side with peanut butter.
- Top each slice, peanut-butter-side up, with 1 Butterkäse slice and some banana slices. Place butter-side down on griddle and grill until sandwich bread bottoms are light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat chocolate sauce until warm. Dip each slice of bacon into warm chocolate to cover half of strip and place over bananas.
- To serve, drizzle sandwiches with additional chocolate sauce
Copyright 2016 KCTV. All rights reserved.