The Cheesy Bock
- 4 fully cooked beer brats
- 8 slices pretzel bread
- 4 1-ounce slices baby swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 batch beer caramelized onions
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup bock beer
- In medium-sized skillet, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat.
- Add onions and salt; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add beer and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer 40 minutes or until liquid is thickened and mixture is medium to dark golden brown and onions caramelize.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Butterfly brats lengthwise about 3/4 of the way through and split open so that the brat remains in one piece.
- In skillet over medium heat, sear brats until each side is golden brown. Set aside. Butter outside of each slice of bread. Divide mustard and spread on the inside of 4 bread slices.
- On inside of remaining 4 slices, divide and add Swiss.
- Brown sandwiches on preheated griddle pan or in skillet over medium-low heat until each side is golden brown and cheese is melted, flipping once.
- Once browned, let sandwiches rest for about 1 minute. Slice in half before serving
Copyright 2016 KCTV. All rights reserved.