Traditional Blended Salsa
• 3-4 jalapeños, more of you like it spicy, seeded and ribbed, cut into large chunks
• 1 large white onion, quartered
• 6 cloves garlic
• 1 28oz can of whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
• 1 bunch cilantro, torn
• juice of 1-2 limes, freshly squeezed
• 1 tbsp ground cumin, plus more to taste
• Salt and Pepper
In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine all of the ingredients except for the lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Process to desired consistency. Taste. Add lime juice from 1 lime first and season with cumin, salt and pepper. Process or blend to combine. Taste, then add more lime juice and seasoning if desired.
Serve with chips or on top of tacos or tostadas or your favorite food!
Copyright 2015 KCTV. All rights reserved.