Cause of Crowley Furniture fire determined accidental - KCTV5

UPDATE

Cause of Crowley Furniture fire determined accidental

Posted: Updated:
LIBERTY, MO (KCTV) -

Firefighters have determined the cause of the fire at Crowley Furniture to be accidental.

The Liberty Fire Department said it was likely started from an electrical source.

Authorities received a 911 call at 9:08 a.m. Sunday regarding the fire at the furniture store located at the intersection of highways 291 and 152. The store wasn't open at the time.

The Kansas City Fire Department was called in to assist and provide additional crews to allow for the rotation of firefighters.

The fire was brought under control by 10:30 a.m. and was contained to Crowley Furniture.

There were no injuries or heat-related issues.

Owner Greg Crowley says he hopes to have the fire-damaged store back open well ahead of its 60th anniversary in December.

The Liberty store employees are now working at the company's warehouse and the two other locations in Overland Park and Lee's Summit.

Copyright 2014 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.