FAIRWAY, KS (KCTV) -
Shrimp and Shishito
courtesy of Gram and Dun
- Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat
- Add Shishito peppers to hot pan and blister the peppers for 1-2mins
- Remove peppers from pan and return the pan the heat.
- Sweat shallot and garlic in hot pan
- Add rock shrimp and saute for 1 min
- Deglaze with white wine
- Reduce wine until almost evaporated
- Add Miso vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Return peppers to pan and stir to evenly coat.
- Remove pan from the heat and allow to cool for 1 min
- Arrange peppers in a line on plate
- Randomly place shrimp on top of peppers
- Top with fried garlic over the peppers
- Add 2 to 3 pickled shallot petals
- Garnish with available micro greens
3 T Miso paste
2 T Soy sauce
2 ea. Scallions
1 T Rice wine vinegar
1 T Fresh lemon juice
1 T Sugar
1 T Red pepper chili flakes
¼ C Chopped cilantro
¼ C Oil blend
Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds then slowly add oil to emulsify.
Copyright 2014 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.