Taco Republic's Hot Sauce
Courtesy: Bread and Butter Concepts
- Fresno Pepper - 3 oz wt.
- Red Bell Pepper - 2 oz wt.
- Jalapeño Pepper - 2 oz wt.
- Chipotle Pepper- 1 oz wt - Habanero Pepper (optional)
- Onions, 1" cube - 2 oz
- Garlic Cloves - 2 each
- Vinegar, cider - 3 oz
- Water - 5 oz
- Honey - 1 Table Spoon
- Salt - season to taste
Step by Step Process
- De-stem and wash all peppers. Place peppers, cubed onions and garlic cloves in a bowl and add with vegetable oil. Transfer oiled vegetables to a roasting pan.
- Place pan in a 350 degree oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Toss vegetables after 10 minutes for even roasting.
- Place vinegar, water and roasted vegetables in a stock pot. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from stove. Using a hand blender, puree until smooth. Add honey and salt to taste.
- Strain smooth hot sauce through a fine china cap. Hold to cool.
- Transfer hot sauce into preferred bottle. Enjoy your personal house made hot sauce.