3 taken to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning in Sylvania Tw - KCTV5

3 taken to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning in Sylvania Twp

Posted: Updated:
(Source: MGN Online) (Source: MGN Online)
SYLVANIA TOWNSHIP, OH (Toledo News Now) -

Three people were taken to the hospital Thursday with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The three men were working inside a Sylvania Township home near Mitchaw and Sylvania-Metamora roads when they were overcome by high levels of carbon monoxide.

The fire chief says the men were in the basement of the home, cutting concrete with a gas-powered saw. Rescue crews found high levels of carbon monoxide and although the men were still conscious, all three had high enough levels of carbon monoxide that they were taken to the hospital.

Fire crews then pumped fresh air into the house to lower the levels so the owner could go back in.

There is no word on the condition of the three men at this time.

Carbon monoxide can be very dangerous. We want to make sure you are aware of the dangers and how to detect it in your home. See more information here.

Copyright 2014 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.