Investigators believe extension cord to blame in house fire - KCTV5

Investigators believe extension cord to blame in Olathe house fire

Posted: Updated:
Smoke alarms alerted the sleeping family to a fire in their basement about 4:45 a.m. Thursday in the 206600 block of West 103rd Street. Smoke alarms alerted the sleeping family to a fire in their basement about 4:45 a.m. Thursday in the 206600 block of West 103rd Street.
OLATHE, KS (KCTV) -

Fire investigators believe an extension cord is to blame for a fire that damaged an Olathe home.

Smoke alarms alerted the sleeping family to a fire in their basement about 4:45 a.m. Thursday in the 20660 block of West 103rd Street.

Firefighters from Olathe and Lenexa quickly controlled the fire. No injuries were reported.

A  was the cause of the blaze. Firefighters are still working on a damage estimate.

Copyright 2014 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.