Woman injured in Shawnee house fire - KCTV5

Woman injured in Shawnee house fire

Posted: Updated:
© Josh Collins/KCTV5 © Josh Collins/KCTV5
© Josh Collins/KCTV5 © Josh Collins/KCTV5
SHAWNEE, KS (KCTV) -

A homeowner was rushed to Shawnee Mission Medical Center for injuries suffered when a house caught fire in Shawnee.

The fire was reported about 1 p.m. The fire was reported at 11215 W 70th St.

A neighbor saw smoke coming from the house and called authorities. The woman was found in the living room where a small fire had started. Firefighters were able to get the flames out quickly and rescued the woman's dog.

Firefighters are working to determine a cause.

The woman was nearly 60 years old.

Refresh this page for updates.

Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.