Crews battle 2-alarm apartment fire in Overland Park - KCTV5

Crews battle 2-alarm apartment fire in Overland Park

Posted: Updated:
OVERLAND PARK, KS (KCTV) -

For the second time since Tuesday, firefighters in Overland Park have battled an apartment fire.

The fire was reported about 2 p.m. at the Village View Apartments in the 7800 block of Carter Street.

KCTV5's Rob Rhodes says it was a grease fire that firefighters quickly contained.

Smoke billowed from the roof of the three-story apartment building. No one was injured.

The OP Fire Department believes food left on the stove caused the issue.

 Two apartments suffered fire damage and several more had smoke damage.

Because of damage to the roof of the building, residents can't live in nine apartments. Apartment management will move them to vacant units, and the American Red Cross is also assisting.

Working smoke alarms helped warn residents of the fire.

Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.