Fireplace ashes cause Hampden house fire - KCTV5

Fireplace ashes cause Hampden house fire

Posted: Updated:
HAMPDEN, MA (WSHM) -

Hampden fire officials say a trash can filled with ashes from a fireplace sparked a fire on Allen Crest Road Monday night. 

Fire officials tell CBS 3 that shortly after 9:30 they were called to 27 Allen Crest Rd. and saw the right side of the home on fire. 

They were able to contain that fire to the outside. 

There was $10,000 in damage done to the siding and some smoke damage done to the inside of the home. 

No one was injured.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.