House fully engulfed in flames after explosion - KCTV5

House fully engulfed in flames after explosion

Posted: Updated:
SHAWNEE, KS (KCTV) -

A house was fully engulfed in flames after witnesses said they heard an explosion.

The fire started at the home, located on Stearns Street, about 4 p.m.

Witnesses reported that a lawn mower blew up in the garage and the fire stayed mainly in the garage.

The house itself appeared to sustain heavy smoke damage.

Nobody was inside the house at the time.

Refresh this page for updates.

Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.)  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.