Project Warmth Giveaway
1. ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Project Warmth Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open only to residents of Kansas and Missouri who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Giveaway is not open to employees of Meredith Corporation d/b/a KCTV ("Sponsor"), The Kansas City Star/The McClatchy Company, Commerce Bank, Tension Envelope, Penske, Dean Realty Co., Technology Group Solutions, Inc., Dri Duck Traders, Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, Mid American Assistance Coalition, Salvation Army, A.B. May, Trane, Price Chopper or to the employees of any other company or organization that is involved in the sponsorship, promotion, administration or fulfillment of the Giveaway, or to the immediate family members of, or any persons domiciled with, any of the foregoing employees. The Giveaway begins on November 18th, 2013 at 9am Central Time ("C.T.") and ends at approximately 7:00 p.m. C.T. on December 12, 2013 (the "Giveaway Period").
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL DONATIONS ARE STRICTLY VOLUNTARY. The Giveaway consists of two drawings: a drawing for a Price Chopper gift card and a drawing for a furnace and installation. To participate in either or both drawings, eligible participants must obtain and submit one (1) entry ticket. There is a limit of one (1) entry ticket per person per drawing, regardless of method of entry. There are a total of four (4) ways to receive an entry ticket and participate in the Giveaway drawings:
First, you can obtain one entry ticket for the Price Chopper gift card drawing by making a $25 minimum donation to Project Warmth or you can obtain one entry ticket for both the Price Chopper gift card and the furnace and installation drawings by making a $50 minimum donation to Project Warmth. Donations must be made at the front desk of KCTV5 Studios at 4500 Shawnee Mission Parkway during regular business hours, Monday thru Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., during the Giveaway Period. Submit your donation to the receptionist (payable by cash, check or major credit card) and request an entry ticket for the drawing(s) that correspond with the amount of your donation. Complete the entry tickets) received and detach and return the copy to the cashier or deposit it in the designated entry box no later than 5:00 p.m. on December 12, 2013.
Second, you can enter either or both drawings for free without making a donation to Project Warmth by visiting the KCTV5 Studio at 4500 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and requesting one (1) ticket per person. Tickets will be available from November 18, 2013 through December 12, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. Complete the free entry ticket(s) received and detach and return the copy to the Project Warmth representative at KCTV5 Studio or deposit it in the designated entry box.
Third, you can enter either or both drawings by making the requisite minimum donation(s) set forth above to Project Warmth through the Project Warmth website at www.ProjectWarmthkc.com and clicking on the Purchase button. Online entries must be received by 6:59 p.m. C.T. on December 12, 2013.
Fourth, on December 12, 2013, you may enter either or both drawings by calling in from 5:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. to the KCTV5 Project Warmth special hotline at 913-236-HEAT (4328) and making the requisite minimum donation set forth above using your credit card.
To be included in either or both drawings, all entries must be submitted on the dates and times stated above.
All valid entries will have the same chance of winning regardless of whether they are obtained for free or by making a donation to Project Warmth. Regardless of the entry method(s) used, only one (1) entry per person per drawing will be accepted. Sponsor will not be responsible for any incomplete, lost, late, stolen, misdirected, illegible, garbled or unintelligible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to handling errors or technical problems or transmission failures of any kind, including, without limitation, the malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software. Any questions regarding the number or validity of entries submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Giveaway. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned or individually acknowledged. Each entry ticket will bear a unique number. If, due to printing or distribution errors, multiple participants are issued entry tickets with the same winning number, the individual whose name appears on the ticket drawn by the Sponsor shall be declared the sole winner.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS: One (1) winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received for each drawing on or about December 12, 2013, after the Project Warmth Special, under Sponsor's supervision. Winners will be announced in the 10:00 p.m. news on KCTV5. Winners do not need to be present to win. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
The one (1) winner of the furnace and installation drawing will receive a furnace and installation from AB May and Trane, retail value of $2,989. Prize must be redeemed by January 31, 2014. Winner will receive an IRS 1099 MISC tax form.
The one (1) winner of the Price Chopper gift card drawing will receive $1,000 worth of gift cards to Price Chopper, retail value of $1,000.00. Winner will receive an IRS 1099 MISC tax form.
One prize per household. Gift certificates subject to issuer restrictions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes (or portions thereof) of equal or greater value if prizes (or portions thereof) cannot be awarded as described. Sponsor will determine all elements of prizing in its sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, changed or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee express or implied by Sponsor. Sponsor disclaims all and any liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any third-party product or service accepted by the winners. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE DELIVERY: Winners will be notified by telephone and/or mail and may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within ten (10) days of receipt, as a condition of receiving the prize. Failure to timely complete, sign and return the required documentation, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, will result in winner's disqualification and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize. Winners may waive his or her right to receive the prize. If waived or forfeited, the prize will be awarded to a substitute winner selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Except where prohibited, participation in the Giveaway constitutes winner's consent to the Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, and biographical information in any media for any purpose without limitation or further compensation. For winners' list, available after December 31, 2013, visit www.KCTV5.com or call 913-677-7555.
5. RELEASE AND DISLCAIMER: By participating in the Giveaway, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and the Giveaway administrators selected by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Giveaway if tampering, human or technical errors, or any cause beyond Sponsor's reasonable control corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Giveaway. By entering the Giveaway, participants agree to release Sponsor, The Kansas City Star, Commerce Bank, Tension Envelope, Penske, Dean Realty Co., Technology Group Solutions, Inc., Trozzolo Communications, Mid American Assistance Coalition, Salvation Army, A.B. May, Trane, Price Chopper or all other companies and organizations involved in the Giveaway and/or Project Warmth, and all of their respective affiliated companies, officers, agents, employees and volunteers from any liability whatsoever for claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or travel to or from any Giveaway-related event or activity. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in any announcements or other materials relating to the Giveaway.
6. DISTRIBUTION OF DONATIONS: At a minimum, all net donations will be distributed to Project Warmth. "Net donations" are defined as any and all donations that exceed the costs associated with the prize and running of the Giveaway.
7. SPONSOR/OPERATOR: The Giveaway is sponsored and operated by Meredith Corporation d/b/a KCTV 5, 4500 Shawnee Mission Pkwy., Fairway, KS, whose decisions
Regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules and all other aspects of the Giveaway shall be final and binding in all respects.
No Purchase, Payment or Donation is Necessary to Enter or Win. All Donations Are Strictly Voluntary. Giveaway open to KS and MO residents, 18 years or older at time of entry. All entries must be received by designated time in official rules on December 12, 2013. One (1) winner will receive a furnace and installation from AB May and Trane, retail value of $2,989. One (1) winner will receive $1,000 worth of gift cards to Price Chopper, retail value of $1,000. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. One donation/entry per person per drawing. Giveaway subject to complete official rules. For complete rules and free entry instructions, visit www.KCTV5.com or www.ProjectWarmthKC.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Project Warmth Giveaway Rules, KCTV 5, 4500 Shawnee Mission Pkwy., Fairway, KS, 66205. Sponsor: Meredith Corp., d/b/a KCTV, Fairway, KS.
A woman who was texting while driving was impaled by guardrail pole.More >
A woman who was texting while driving was impaled by guardrail pole.More >