Police warn of heating hazards - KCTV5

Police warn people of alternative heating hazards

Posted: Updated:
POOLER, GA (WTOC) -

Just after midnight Thursday, West Chatham Precinct Officers found a woman and a 14-year-old, as well as a 7-year-old, unconscious in a bedroom from apparent carbon monoxide fumes.

They are still in Memorial Health.

The house had no electricity service and someone put a gasoline generator in a garage next to the bedroom to power an electrical heater.

Police are warning people not to be creative when it comes to heating your home.

Police find people resorting to all kinds of dangerous alternative heating sources, including kerosene heaters and gasoline generators.

Police are also reminding drivers to never turn on their cars and leave them unattended.

This is the time of year when many drivers leave their cars running to warm them up, but they leave themselves open as prime targets for thieves.

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.