It's believed an electrical problem sparked a fire Thursday night at the regional office for the Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
Employees with Questline Productions were working late at the Kentucky-Tennessee Conference offices on Conference Drive when the lights began acting strangely.
Upon investigation, the employees found a fire in the ceiling.
"When we pulled the tiles back, you could actually see the fire burning," said Charles Byrd with Questline Productions. "One of the 2x4s had burned half-way through and the other tiles were starting to turn brown, so we shot it with a fire extinguisher and called the fire department.
The fire damage to the building was minimal, however there was damage caused by water.
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Electrical problem sparks fire at church officesMore>>
They were born just two weeks apart. A 10-week-old baby and 8-week-old pit bull have a fascinating relationship. They absolutely adore each other! Louisiana native Brandi Hodges, 25, has posted photosMore >
A 10-week-old baby and 8-week-old Pitbull have a fascinating relationship. They absolutely adore each other!More >
Tuesday, July 29 2014 8:39 AM EDT2014-07-29 12:39:59 GMT
Police said an 11-year-old Independence boy died following a wreck in Independence that sent multiple people to the hospital Friday morning.More >
Relatives of 11-year old Noah Stratton, killed in an accident in Independence last Friday, say they are grieving deeply, but have only fond memories of young Noah whom they call "The greatest 11-year-old in the world."