Olathe man admits meth trafficking, faces 18 years - KCTV5

Olathe man admits meth trafficking, faces 18 years

Posted: Updated:
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) -

An Olathe man snared in an undercover sting has admitted his role in a Mexican methamphetamine trafficking ring that operated in the KCK area.

The U.S. Attorney's office says 34-year-old Lorenzo Sepulveda pleaded guilty Monday to one count of conspiracy to distribute meth. His plea agreement calls for an 18-year prison sentence and the forfeiture of $125,000.

Sepulveda was among eight people charged last year as the result of an investigation by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. He admitted to several transactions in 2009 in which undercover agents bought meth from various drug dealers involved in the operation.

Prosecutors say Sepulveda told agents the meth came directly from Mexico.

Sentencing is scheduled for Dec. 16.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.