Hair dryer fire causes $10K in damage to Springfield home - KCTV5

Hair dryer fire causes $10K in damage to Springfield home

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

A unattended hair dryer is to blame for an early evening fire on Boyer Street in Springfield today.

Fire officials said the hair dryer was left running to heat up on a chair, and that's when it caught fire in a second-floor bedroom.

There is about $10,000 in damage. The four occupants decided to stay living in the home despite water and smoke damage.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.