Lime Curd Parfait
Courtesy Urban Table
Graham Cracker Shortbread
Courtesy of Urban Table
Yield: 4 cups
¾ lb butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ C flour
1. Cream together butter, sugar and salt in mixer with paddle.
2. Add in vanilla.
3. Slowly add in graham cracker crumbs and flour until combined.
4. Should form a soft dough
5. Spread evenly on a sheet tray lined with silicon mat.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, rotating halfway through.
7. Cool completely and break into crumbles. Store in well-sealed plastic bag.
Yield: 2 cups
8 each egg yolk
2 each whole egg
1 C lime juice
½ lb butter softened
2 C sugar
zest of one lime
1. In a non-reactive sauce pan, combine eggs, yolks, lime juice and sugar.
2. Whisk very well. Cook over low heat, stirring often.
3. Cook until 160 degrees or just starting to bubble.
4. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl.
5. Gradually whisk in butter until fully incorporated.
6. Stir in lime zest. Cool with surface covered in plastic.
Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.