Fire damages beloved KCK barbecue joint - KCTV5

Fire damages beloved KCK barbecue joint

Posted: Updated:

One of Kansas City's most beloved barbecue joints went up in flames early Wednesday morning.

Firefighters say the fire started at midnight at Gates Bar-B-Q near North 10th Street and State Avenue.

When crews arrived, smoke and embers could be seen coming from the smoke stack. The fire spread into the attic before firefighters were able to extinguish it.

The health department will be at the restaurant Wednesday to help them evaluate the situation.

The fire caused about $100,000 in damage.

Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.)  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.