Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
courtesy Mark Wolarik
Make the chips in advance, cool completely, and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
· serving size: 6 chips and about 3 tablespoons avocado mixture)
· 2 teaspoons canola oil
· 6 (6-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
· 2 teaspoons sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled ripe avocado (about 2)
· 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
· 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
· 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
· 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
· 3/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare chips, brush oil evenly over one side of each tortilla. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over oil-coated sides of tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges; arrange wedges in a single layer on two baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp.
3. Combine avocado and remaining ingredients; stir gently to combine. Serve with chips.
Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.