KCK firefighters pull elderly woman from burning house - KCTV5

KCK firefighters pull bedridden woman from burning home

Posted: Updated:
KANSAS CITY, KS (KCTV) -

Firefighters rescued an elderly woman trapped inside her burning home Friday morning.

The fire broke out about 10:30 a.m. at 2914 N. 59th Terrace. The fire started kitchen where the woman's grandson was cooking. The boy could not lift his grandmother, who was bedridden, and it wasn't until firefighters responded that they were able to get her out of the home.

A fire investigator was in the area and rushed to the scene. He and the boy also tried to lift the woman, but were unable to.

The woman suffered smoke inhalation and was transported to a local hospital. The woman is expected to make a full recovery.

The house has smoke damage throughout.

Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.)  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.