Kitchen fire forces evacuation of Wal-Mart store - KCTV5

Kitchen fire forces evacuation of Wal-Mart store

Posted: Updated:

Authorities in Tucson say approximately 200 customers and employees were evacuated from a Wal-Mart store because of a kitchen grease fire Thursday morning.

The Fire Department says employees were unable to extinguish the fire and called 911.

A total of 23 firefighters from nine units responded and put out the fire.

The store reopened an hour later after firefighters checked to make sure that the fire hadn't spread to hidden spaces.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.