A New Haven couple is recovering after two masked men armed with guns burst into their home and tied them up Tuesday afternoon.
Police said the two men entered a home on Osborn Street around 3:15 p.m. A 38-year-old man and 32-year-old woman were tied up, and the suspects stole cell phones, electronics and their car.
"Just a little scared, I'm a little nervous," said one of the victims, who wished not to be identified. "Just don't want this to happen to nobody."
The car, police said, was found Wednesday morning. Police are trying to lift fingerprints or find any other clues to help identify the men.
The residents were not seriously injured and their children were at school, police said.
"Anytime I close my eyes I picture it," said the victim, who was visibly shaken. "I just don't want it to happen again."
Eighth Ward Alderman Michael Smart said he is going to try to put more security measures in the neighborhood.
"One of the issues I told the folks, I'm going to have a conversation with their landlord and suggest they have screen doors put in. Their door was open," said Smart. "Still doesn't give the person the right to go in your house, but certainly you have to be aware."
The home invasion remains under investigation.
This is the second home invasion in roughly a week, with both sharing some similarities.
Last Monday police said two men, one with a gun, approached two women as they returned home from grocery shopping. In that case, one of the women was tied up, and the men took off in their car.
Right now, there is no evidence connecting these two crimes.
Residents in both neighborhoods told Eyewitness News they are on edge and scared after the recent incidents.
Anyone with information is asked to call the police department at 203-946-6304 or the New Haven Police Tips Line at 203-946-2875.
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Tuesday, September 2 2014 6:45 PM EDT2014-09-02 22:45:12 GMT
The World Food Program says it provided food to a record 4.1 million people inside Syria last month.More >
Islamic State extremists released a video Tuesday purportedly showing the beheading of a second American journalist, Steven Sotloff, and warning President Barack Obama that as long as U.S. airstrikes against the militant...More >
Tuesday, September 2 2014 4:42 PM EDT2014-09-02 20:42:09 GMT
Canadian police say pop star Justin Bieber has been charged with dangerous driving and assault after a collision between a minivan and an ATV led to a physical altercation in southwestern Ontario.More >
Canadian pop star Justin Bieber faces new charges after he was arrested for dangerous driving and assault following a collision between a minivan and an ATV that led to a physical altercation involving a photographer, his...More >