Students evacuated from Northeast High after natural gas odor - KCTV5

Students evacuated from Northeast High after natural gas odor

Posted: Updated:
KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

Firefighters were called to Northeast High School after a natural gas odor was reported in the building Wednesday morning. Officials later found no gas leak inside the building.

A spokeswoman with Kansas City Public Schools thought dry ice raised the initial concern after it had been buried underground on school property.

Fire crews called Missouri Gas Energy about 7:25 a.m. to the scene at 415 Van Brunt Blvd.

The school was briefly evacuated. Some students went into a building next door to the school.

Students and faculty were allowed back into the school about 8:15 a.m.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.)  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.