Ham & Gruyere Strata
Courtesy of Urban Table
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
2 cups ham, chopped
1-1/2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded
8 slices crusty bread, cubed
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. thyme, chopped
2 tsp. parsley, chopped
1. Combine egg, cream, and seasonings and whisk well.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add in ham, bread cubes, and 1 cup gruyere. Toss to combine.
3. Grease an 8-9 in. baking dish (or 4 individual casserole dishes).
4. Distribute mixture evenly in baking dish, pressing lightly.
5. Top with remaining gruyere cheese.
6. Cover with foil (greased so it doesn't stick) and place into a larger container with 2 inches of water added.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 5-10 minutes to brown.
8. Cool slightly and serve.
Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved