Heat lamp warming pets apparently sparks house fire - KCTV5

Heat lamp warming pets apparently sparks house fire

Posted: Updated:
EDGERTON, KS (KCTV) -

A heat lamp near a back deck that was warming the family pets apparently sparked a fire that heavily damaged a home in Edgerton.

The fire broke out about 2 a.m. Friday at a home near West Third Street and West Edgewood Drive.

The family of three escaped. One cat died, but other family pets survived.

The flames roared up through the back area of the home, which was heavily damaged. The deck was left as just charred remains.

A man, his son and mother lived in the home. The woman woke up and smelled smoke, which allowed the family to make their escape.

Copyright2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.)  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.