This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
Louisiana insurance agency urges residents to take care of themselves in order to avoid claims to their health insurance.
Natchitoches, Louisiana (PRWEB) February 25, 2013
Louisiana insurance agency, Cunningham Financial Group, encourages residents to recognize and celebrate American Heart Month before the month of February comes to a close. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website, approximately 600,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year. That’s about 1 in every 4 deaths.
These statistics are alarming, making it crucial for Americans to recognize this health issue and do all that is possible to prevent it. Cunningham Financial Group is here to share 10 healthy tips with residents that could potentially reduce the risk of heart disease.
1. Smokers must quit smoking. Tobacco use is one of the most significant risk factors for developing heart disease. Cutting it out could slash risk significantly.
2. Keep cholesterol levels low. Extra cholesterol will narrow or even block arteries.
3. Maintain a healthy weight by engaging in physical activity for at least 30 minutes, three to five times a week.
4. Consume alcohol in moderation. If not, blood pressure may rise.
5. Learn to control stress levels. Meditation has shown to lower cholesterol AND reverse carotid artery thickening.
6. Schedule regular health screenings (blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol) to stay on top of changes in health.
7. Indulge in a small piece of dark chocolate a few times a week. The flavonoids are good for the heart.
8. Incorporate a few cups of black or green tea into diet. A major study found that individuals who drink three cups of tea a day could slash their risk of heart attack by 11%.
9. Avoid trans fats, which are linked to increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
10. Drink enough water a day. Dehydration can slow down blood flow and increase the risk of blood clots.
Taking care of heart health is critical. After it, it is the ticker that keeps all alive and well!
Cunningham Financial Group is committed to keeping Louisiana locals healthy and in good shape. After all, the healthier an individual is, the lower his or her health and life insurance premiums will be. Residents who are interested in learning more about healthy habits or saving on coverage should contact the agency by calling 877-494-0109, today.
About Cunningham Financial Group:
Proudly located in Natchitoches & Mansfield LA, Cunningham Financial Group is the area’s leading local insurance agency; dedicated to serving the insurance needs of Louisiana individuals, families and businesses for over 75 years. As a well established agency, Cunningham Financial Group represents various nationwide insurance carriers, allowing its dedicated agents to effectively compare rates and coverage to ensure clients receive the quality protection they deserve. The agency’s broad network of providers ensures that they can secure superior Louisiana insurance, and the most affordable online insurance quotes, for all coverage needs!
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/2/prweb10446753.htm