Pastry Chef Nick Weseman from The American Restaurant demonstrates how to make some delicious desserts for your special Valentine.
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
1.25 cups Cocoa
1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz Butter, melted
4 each Eggs
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 cup Chocolate chips
• Combine dry ingredients.
• Whisk together eggs, butter, and vanilla.
• Mix in dry into egg mixture. Add chocolate chips.
• Pour into square cake pan. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
• Cool. Cut as desired. Brush with oil. Grill
Chocolate Microwave cake
8 each Eggs
6 oz Sugar
1.5 oz All-Purpose Flour
7.5 oz Bittersweet Chocolate, melted
• Whip eggs with sugar and salt in mixer.
• Add flour, then chocolate and mix just until blended.
• Strain through sieve.
• Fill ISI cream charger halfway with mixture.
• Charge with 2 N2O capsules.
• Cut a few slits in plastic cup.
• Fill cup 1/3 with mixture.
• Cook for approx 25-35sec in microwave.
• Let sit momentarily before cutting cup to remove cake.
8 oz Sugar
2 oz Water
4 oz Egg Whites
1/4 tsp Cream of Tarter
• Whip whites in a mixer until foamy. Add cream of tartar and beat to medium peaks.
• Combine sugar and water in a small pot over low heat.
• Swirl gently to dissolve. Wash down sides with a wet pastry brush.
• Increase heat. Do not stir. Cook to 235-240 on a candy thermometer.
• Slowly pour hot syrup down side of mixer bowl into whipping whites.
• Beat until stiff and glossy.
• Chocolate sauce
• Chocolate cake crumbs
• Chocolate ice cream
• Meringue cookie pieces
The American is located at 25th and Grand Avenue atop the Hall's Department Store and Sea Life and Lego Land in the Crown Center Complex in Kansas City, MO.
Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.