FAIRWAY, KS (KCTV) -
BRGR Mac N Cheese
Courtesy of Bread and Butter Concepts
- ½ lb. macaroni pasta- uncooked
- 3 T butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 T sherry-dry
- 1 c whole milk
- ½ c heavy cream
- 6 oz white cheddar-grated
- 2 oz parmesan-freshly grated
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- ½ c panko breadcrumbs
- 1 T herbs-freshly chopped
- 1 T Boursin cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente, then drain, rinse under cool water, and return to pot.
- Heat 2T of butter in a saucepan over med-low heat, add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Increase heat to med and whisk in sherry, milk, and cream. Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in nutmeg.
- Add cheddar and Parmesan cheeses to the sauce by ½ cup measures, stirring until cheese melts before adding next portion.
- Pour sauce over pasta in pot and stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then transfer to a greased 9x13 pan.
- In another saucepan, melt remaining butter (1T) and mix with breadcrumbs, herbs, and Boursin cheese, then sprinkle the mixture over the top of the dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and breadcrumb mixture is golden brown.
- Allow to set 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy.