Beer Kitchen, located in Westport at Westport Road and Pennsylvania Avenue, is one of many restaurants participating in Kansas City Restaurant Week to benefit Harvesters Food Bank.
Their gnocchi with almond brown butter is one of many delicious items patrons can try at their restaurant.
6 ounces homemade gnocchi
4 ounces cauliflower
4 ounces wilted spinach
2 ounces sliced almonds
4 ounces butter
1/2 tablespoon salt and pepper
4 ounces canola oil
2 tablespoons blackening spice
1. Trim the cauliflower and toss with oil and blackening spice. Roast in a 400 degree oven until soft.
2. Boil the gnocchi until the pasta floats.
3. Heat up a non-stick pan with oil. Toss the pasta in the pan.
4. After the pasta cooks for 4 to 5 minutes, add the almonds. Cook until the nuts are toasted.
5. Add the butter. Cook until brown. Then add the spinach and cook until wilted. Now it's time to plate.
6. Place the cauliflower in the middle of the bowl, than add the pasta and spinach. Mix around the cauliflower.
Click here for more on KC Restaurant Week.
Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.