FAIRWAY, KS (KCTV) -
Creamy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Courtesy: Fast Fixin' Chicken Nugget Recipes
Fast Fixin' Chicken Nuggets
1 (10 oz) package of frozen, chopped broccoli
1/3 package of extra wide egg noodles (can use yolk-free or any other type pasta)
Vegetable cooking spray
½ (10 ¾ oz) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
¼- ½ (10 ¾ oz) can cream of broccoli soup, undiluted (can substitute cream of potato soup)
½ cup skim milk
1 ½ tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place frozen chicken nuggets flat on baking sheet, 6- 8 nuggets per casserole. Bake chicken nuggets 12-15 minutes, to bake nuggets evenly on both sides, turn nuggets over halfway through baking time, return tray to oven and complete baking.
- While oven is preheating and chicken nuggets are baking:
- Cook noodles per package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Cook broccoli according to package instructions without adding salt or fat, drain well, set aside.
- Combine soups, milk, and lemon juice in small bowl, stirring well to blend.
- Coat 2- quart baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the cooked broccoli on the prepared baking dish.
- When chicken nuggets are done baking, lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Chop- quarter chicken nuggets into smaller pieces (small crouton size pieces). Mix with the cooked, drained noodles. Arrange layer of nuggets-noodles over broccoli.
- Pour soup mixture evenly over casserole. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake casserole at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- For complete meal- serve casserole along with fresh or canned fruit or sliced fresh tomatoes or red peppers. (Note: if want "spicier" version of casserole, can sprinkle few drops of hot Tabasco sauce on top when serving)
Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.